Monday, April 20, 2009

Objective

What do I want to get out of this?

1. Be Green, as much as I can by building a self sustaining/recycling/reuse environment around me.
2. Collect the best available resources out on the web for each facet of building a home.
3. Understand how to build a home.
4. Get the general public's feedback on ideas that I am thinking. Sharing, collaborating and improving upon them.
5. Learn new things! I'll be looking into checking out open source design tools for setting up blueprints and 3D models.

When, time lines!

Well I think it will probably take me about 3 or so years before I am at a stage in life where a custom build home would be realistic. Imagine having a full resource of ideas, tricks and methods with feedback from the entire globe all collected together when I really need it.

Why?

Why not just buy a Green home? Answer, its not me.
One of the fondest memories I have of doing with my dad was to build a whole model of our current house. It was a painstakingly long process. We used origami techniques to build walls, rooms, corners, rounded edges the whole nine yards. I'll post a picture of this if I ever find it.
I was probably 9 years old when we did this. I built the model cars and the people that was inside the house :) Fond memories.
I hope to make such memories with my children. My son happens to be a little too young at the moment but that is one thing I hope to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment