Monday, April 20, 2009

Introductions!

... and you thought that I would leave you hanging with just the first post. Not at all!

I have travelled a little all over the world and have made more than one place my home. Some places are much closer to you than others. The concept of home is very dear to me and have often wondered about it over and over again during the last 10 years or so when I started traveling alone. Settings roots, raising a family, making friends, social lives, picnics, livelihood, bills, mowing the yard, fire ants, flood damage. You probably will notice how the previous sentence progressed :) After all, with life comes responsibilities as others start depending on you as well. And one thing that now dominates my mind - maybe as a hobby or maybe as a means to escape from the daily grind - is finding Sukh! Chein!. No not the place in Lahore, Pakistan but an internal Sukh. A sense of peace, a feeling of relaxation. Letting go, being unplugged from the world for just a few moments everyday and being close to the few people you call your loved ones.

Okay well a little peek into my personal life. As of today, I am a few months short of the BIG 3-0! I am married to a wonderful woman who is absolutely the better 3/4th of me and is also the mother of our wonderful little baby boy. So we are a family of three, living in the Austin, Texas area.

I work in the fast paced tech industry riding the bleeding edge of technology. So why am I not writing about technology? Well, I might be under another alias, you will simply have to find out.

Life simply cannot only be about work. For some work is their passion and that is absolutely fine but one needs to have other avenues of enjoyment as well. For me, it is a vision.

Now we're getting into the meat of the matter/blog. What is this vision you may ask! Well, this vision of mine revolves around a sense of peace and tranquility. Mostly all in the mind but a part of it is material as well. A piece of land, to call home. Nothing fancy, nothing exuberant. Just something where the kids can play and grow up enjoying the finer things in life and by finer things I mean quality time with the parents, climbing up trees, building things, getting a scrape here n' there.

I have always imagined building my dream home. Designing it and adding my own personal touch to it. What this blog is about is that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment